CMN secures funds to pilot new ways of supporting young people into Apprenticeships with local businesses
Cornwall Marine Network (CMN) and its subsidiary company the Cornwall Apprenticeship Agency have successfully secured new project funds to specifically develop a programme of support that will improve the work readiness of candidates applying for Apprenticeships and support employers with alternative recruitment and employment methods.
Our research shows that only 1 in 5 applications we receive for Apprenticeship vacancies is of sufficient employment-ready quality leaving a high number of candidates in need of further support to improve their employability skills and illustrate what they could offer an employer. The ‘Grow Apprentices’ offer has been designed to address this issue and is intended to continue improving our less risk, less cost, less hassle approach to supporting local businesses to grow their workforce.
The support programme is built around 3 key stages and will see the team:
- Deliver pre-Apprenticeship training in small cohorts and one-to-one with support from an Employability Tutor.
- Pilot new and inclusive recruitment methods including Selections Days, giving employers more opportunities to see candidates demonstrate their skills in a practical setting.
- Offer a 3-month Apprenticeship trial service during which the team will provide HR & payroll support to employers as well as coaching to the Apprentice.
‘Grow Apprentices’ complements the newly announced Kickstart Scheme that will cover employment costs for 25 hours a week for 6 months for employers offering job placements to 16-24 year olds currently in receipt of Universal Credit.
‘Grow Apprentices’ is funded by the Community Led Local Development Programme (CLLD) and will be delivered in the Coast to Coast area covering Camborne, Redruth, Falmouth and Truro. CLLD is investing EU funding throughout Cornwall, enhancing the local economy in core neighbourhoods and supporting innovative projects that will strengthen opportunities for people and enable business to grow.
For more information, please contact: Samantha Lilley at Samantha.email@example.com or by phone at 01326 211382.
- Posted: October 27, 2020
- By: Abi Rickard
- Categories: Latest News|Projects
- Tags: Apprenticeships, Cornwall, Grow Apprentices
Previous post: « New Cash Incentive for Businesses Hiring a New Apprentice
Speak with a broker